The easiest way to get to Warsaw from any place around the world is by plane. There are two international airports in (or close to) the city and it is connected with over 180 direct flights.
From airports to the city centre
- Warsaw Chopin Airport is located around 10 kilometres from the city centre. It is served by five bus lines, two of which reach the city centre directly – 175 and night bus N32. A railway connection with Chopin Airport is also available (by city trains S2). If you decide to take a taxi, a fare to the centre should be around PLN 35-40 (EUR 8-9).
- Warsaw Modlin Airport – a smaller airport servicing only budget airlines is situated in Modlin, 35 km from Warsaw. The easiest way to get to the centre is to take a bus - CONTBUS or FLIXBUS. The trip takes around 50 minutes at the costs around PLN 30-45 (EUR 10). Tickets may be bought directly from the driver or via the mobile app (for Flixbus only). Another way to get to the city is by train with a Koleje Mazowieckie. There are a special airport busses running every 20-30 minutes between Modlin railway station and Warsaw Modlin Airport terminal. Journey takes around 1 hour 15 minutes and the ticket at the amount of PLN 20-24 (EUR 4) can be purchased in the Airport terminal. It is also possible to get to the city by taxi. Prices may vary between PLN 100-200 (EUR 25-45).
Warsaw is well connected by rail to other European cities. There are three train stations in Warsaw that provide international and domestic train services:
- Warszawa Centralna (Central Warsaw) – situated in the city centre and well connected to the public transportation network,
- Warszawa Zachodnia (West Warsaw) which is set next to the international bus terminal,
- Warszawa Wschodnia (East Warsaw) located on the east bank of the Vistula River (Praga).
Train tickets can be purchased at the ticket windows in the stations or on the internet (http://rozklad-pkp.pl/en).
Public transit in Warsaw
For moving around town on public transit you can rely on google maps, which does a good job finding optimal connections. A city pass valid for 3 days (36 PLN or 8 EUR), which is a recommended option, can be purchased from ticket machines present in a majority of buses/trams and at the stops.